The delicatessen case’s homemade salads and Mediterranean- and Italian-themed cuisine dazzle patrons busy sampling pita chips and pimento cheese. Choose from a delicious array of breads, spreads, toppings, and cheeses to build your own delicatessen sandwich. All sandwiches are served with your choice of potato salad, pasta salad, or coleslaw and a pickle. DiPrato’s makes its own tiramisu, infused with a rum flavor and topped off with chocolate shavings. In the days of the Purple Cow, a sign inside said, “Don’t forget to bring the cow in.” Today a sign could well say, “Linger ... relish your time here.”
Signature sandwiches, piled high with your choice of meats, salads, and soups are mainstays of a beautiful, colorful menu. The Marinated Roasted Red & Yellow Bell Peppers, for instance, delight vegetarians.
Daily specials give each weekday a zest all its own:
- Monday means the Bacon & Pimento Cheese Burger with French fries
- Tuesdays try the Bistro Salad with grilled beef and herbed goat cheese
- Wednesdays why not have Fish Tacos with homemade salsa and chips
- Thursdays taste the Taco Salad served in a flour tortilla shell
- Friday’s fare is Fried Fish Sandwich with French fries and slaw
- Saturday sit on the patio for brunch.
- Sunday’s smart brunch features Eggs Benedict and Eggs Charleston.
Our Everyday specials include:
- The Sailor’s Sandwich: Grilled Knockwurst and N.Y. Pastrami On grilled Rye with sauerkraut, Swiss and spicy mustard. Served with potato salad, pasta salad or coleslaw.
- Thanksgiving Dinner on a bun: Turkey cutlet on a toasted Kaiser roll with cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. Served with sweet potato fries.
- Open-faced Hot Roast beef sandwich served with French fries and smothered in gravy.
- Chilled & marinated Salmon on a Bed of Romaine & Spring Mix served with your choice of dressing.
Beer and wine served.
Chicken salad delights many. Triple Decker Corned Beef Reuben, a DiPrato’s hallmark.